Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology @ Ospedale Galeazzi - Sant'Ambrogio
The Unit of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology of Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi Research Hospital is a highly specialised tertiary referral centre for musculoskeletal radiology imaging.
In 2017, the Unit has performed about 131,000 imaging and therapeutic procedures.
We routinely see all aspects of musculoskeletal pathology, with more than 95% of examinations related to the field of musculoskeletal imaging.
The radiology department consists of 12 board-certified radiologists with expertise in all subspecialties of musculoskeletal radiology.
Exams are performed by trained and qualified radiographers, with special competences in MRI imaging.
Conditions we take care of at this Department
Notable advanced technological equipment
The Radiology Department service has fully integrated PACS and RIS system and consists of:
- Four conventional radiography systems performing both orthopaedic and general examinations
- Sixty-four-slice computed tomography scanner performing both diagnostic and interventional procedures
- Two 1.5T high-field magnetic resonance scanners, performing all diagnostic study related to orthopaedic conditions, including magnetic resonance arthrography for a better assessment of the joint space and its structures
- Ultrasound for the evaluation of all the spectrum of muscle, tendon, nerve and joint disorders, as well as to guide interventional procedures. In addition, we perform general ultrasound studies for abdominal, thyroid and soft tissue evaluation
- Bone densitometry, for a precise and accurate evaluation of bone density with qualified radiographers and fully equipped scanner
- EOS, which consists in a stereotactic, low-dose radiographic system used to perform standing radiographs of the spine, pelvis, and lower limbs without deformation