Department of Physiotherapy and rehabilitation @ Ospedale Galeazzi - Sant'Ambrogio
The Unit provides assistance to patients in functional recovery after surgery on the musculoskeletal system through evaluation, medical therapy, and rehabilitative therapy.
Our excellence in numbers
Conditions we take care of at this Department
The clinical-functional evaluation by the physician at the time of admission of the patient leads to the drafting of an individual rehabilitation plan containing the medical and rehabilitation prescriptions. Through the application of orthopaedic, neuromotor, manual and respiratory rehabilitation techniques, the goal is to achieve the patient's highest health potential in terms of motor and relational autonomy. Main Pathologies Treated:
- Hip arthroplasty
- Knee arthroplasty.
Outpatient Medical Activity
The Unit offers two types of outpatient medical services:
- Visits for patients suffering from orthopaedic, neurological and rheumatological diseases and a drafting of a rehabilitation projections aimed at functional recovery of the patient through the application of the most modern rehabilitative techniques and instrumental therapies
- Visits for prescription of aids and orthoses.
The Unit offers two types of outpatient physiotherapeutic services:
- Outpatient sessions of single or group kinesitherapy
- Instrumental therapy
- Main Pathologies Treated:
- Hip and knee prostheses
- Capsule-ligament reconstruction of the knee
- Rotator cuff repair
Treatments are performed by medical personnel with an electromagnetic device with an integrated ultrasound guidance. The main pathologies treated at the Unit are calcific or non-calcific insertional tendinopathies and plantar fasciitis.
Notable advanced technological equipment
- Biomechanical Lab