Hip prosthetic surgery represents one of the most important excellences present within Gruppo San Donato, thus Ospedale Galeazzi-Sant’Ambrogio boasts a long tradition in this kind of surgery for almost 60 years.
GSD is a leader on a national and international scale and is continuously proposing the most advanced and proven treatment methods: from the most modern and reliable surgical techniques, tissue- and bone-saving, to the use of biocompatible materials such as titanium alloys and ceramics that guarantee minimum wear of the prosthesis and its longer duration over time, up to the use of bone cements or highly stable prostheses in the elderly.
Main conditions treated
Our excellence in numbers
joint replacement procedures per year
hip surgeries per year
orthopedic outpatient services per year
We reach the highest goals for you
The hip replacement procedure is a well-known procedure that brings considerable benefits to the patient and has little evidence in terms of risk / benefit ratio in modern surgery. Nevertheless, it’s important to consider the center’s and the surgeon’s expertise as well as the proposed materials standards while choosing a department for the surgery.
Orthopaedic biotechnology lab
Where do we treat it?
- Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology @ Ospedale Galeazzi - Sant'Ambrogio
- Department of Hip Surgery @ Ospedale Galeazzi - Sant'Ambrogio
- Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology @ Ospedale Galeazzi - Sant'Ambrogio
- Department of Joint Replacement @ Ospedale Galeazzi - Sant'Ambrogio
- Department of Minimally invasive orthopedic surgery @ Istituto Clinico Città di Pavia
- Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology @ Ospedale San Raffaele
- Department of Regenerative and Reconstructive Orthopedics @ Ospedale Galeazzi - Sant'Ambrogio
- Department of Orthopedic and Traumatology @ Policlinico San Donato
- Department of Articular Reconstructive Orthopaedics @ Ospedale Galeazzi - Sant'Ambrogio
Explore other Orthopedics specialties