Department of Arrhythmology and Electrophysiology @ Policlinico San Donato
The Arrhythmology and Electrophysiology Unit is one of the centers of excellence in the international scene for the treatment of all types of cardiac arrhythmias.
Carlo Pappone, the head physician, and his team are considered pioneers in the treatment of atrial fibrillation and supraventricular arrhythmias.
It is precisely the treatment of supraventricular arrhythmias that constitutes the strong point of this group as demonstrated by the many publications in international journals of high scientific caliber and supported by the large population of patients already undergoing interventional procedures of transcatheter ablation.
Our excellence in numbers
Epicardial Ablations for patients with Brugada syndrome
Conditions we take care of at this Department
Notable advanced technological equipment
- 3 state of the art cardiac catheterization laboratories.
- 1 Stereotaxis Niobe II robotic navigation system
- 1 hybrid room for combined interventional-surgical procedures
- All labs equipped with state of the art computerized 3D navigation system
- Rotational angiography in all cath labs
- ECCMO system backup for procedures in hemodynamically unstable patients
- Full audio-video setup in all laboratories for remote teaching
- 30 seats meeting room fully connected to the cath labs for onsite teaching courses