Dr. Emanuela Russo is a nutritionist at INCO (National Institute for the Treatment of Obesity) of the IRCCS Policlinico San Donato and at the Marathon Center of the Palazzo della Salute-Wellness Clinic.
After graduating from the Faculty of Dietetics in 2005 at the University of Pavia, she began her professional career in 2006 at the Department of Bromatology of the same university and at the Villa Aprica Clinical Institute in Como (Bariatric Surgery and Dietetics).
Since 2010, he has been a nutritionist at INCO, the National Institute for the Treatment of Obesity, under the supervision of Dr. Alessandro Giovanelli, the IRCCS Policlinico San Donato.
Since 2020, she has been working as a nutritionist at the Marathon Center of the Palazzo della Salute-Wellness Clinic, where she is engaged in nutrition assessment with bioimpedance analysis to measure body composition and drawing up individual nutrition plans related to the training plan (for amateur and professional marathon runners).
Among the main activities of Dr. Russo:
- Work in an outpatient clinic;
- Work in the department (assessment of the nutritional status of patients by food history, food diary and usual frequency of meals);
- Preparation of individual nutrition plans;
- Collective work (surgeon, therapist, psychologist) aimed at choosing a method of treating overweight and severe obesity;
- Teamwork aimed at treating patients suffering from eating disorders;
- Observation of patients who have undergone bariatric surgery;
- Drawing up nutrition schemes for amateur and professional athletes;
- Nutrition lessons and cooking courses for children, teenagers, athletes, patients with cardiopathy and diabetes;
- Lectures on dietetics (at master's and training courses on human nutrition and diet therapy).
Dr. Russo is also the author of 5 publications on obesity, bariatric surgery and eating disorders.