Casa di Cura Villa Chiara
40033 Casalecchio di Reno
The Villa Chiara hospital was founded in 1922 by Gennaro Costantini, Professor of physiology at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Bologna. Initially it was built as a sanatorium for the treatment of lung pathologies. In 1954 Villa Chiara was transformed into a multispecialty structure.
Casa di Cura Villa Chiara is accredited with the National Healthcare System (SSN) and has a capacity of 145 beds. Today Villa Chiara is an important reference center on the health panorama of Bologna and its province. The hospital is recognized for the high quality of provided services, for the professionalism of its doctors and nurses, alongside with the modern technology, equipment, and hotel-like comfort provided to the patients.
Diagnosis and treatment activities are divided into the areas of internal medicine (general medicine, long-term care / rehabilitation, dermatology), general surgery (general surgery, otolaryngology, ophthalmology, gynecology, orthopedics), diagnostic imaging (conventional radiology, mammography, ultrasound scan, doppler ultrasonography, CT-scan), physio kinesitherapy and functional rehabilitation, and a dialysis center.
The goal of Villa Chiara’s staff is to provide efficient and appropriate treatment alongside with the personalization of care. The organizational model is focused on the patient and his/her needs. The patient’s satisfaction is guaranteed through continued commitment to services’ quality in terms of equipment, safety, structural resources, training, upgrading and awareness of the hospital staff.
Our excellence in numbers
Year of Foundation
Number of beds
Number of patients treated per year