Professor Stefano Partelli is Medical Director at the Pancreas Surgery Unit of IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele directed by Professor Massimo Falconi.
After graduating in Medicine in 2004 and specializing in General Surgery in 2010 at the University of Verona, he obtained his PhD in Surgical Sciences and Hepatobiliopancreatic Diseases in 2014 at the same university.
From the clinical point of view Prof. Partelli is mainly dedicated to:
- pancreatic neoplasms (adenocarcinoma, cystic neoplasms, neuroendocrine neoplasms),
- inflammatory diseases of the pancreas (acute and chronic pancreatitis),
- benign and malignant diseases of the biliary tract (gallstones and tumors of the extra-hepatic biliary tract),
- pathologies of the abdominal wall (hernias and laparoceles)
- neuroendocrine neoplasms (entero-pancreatic and adrenal neuroendocrine neoplasms).
His case history includes about 1,000 general surgery procedures, including more than 300 pancreatic resections with vascular reconstructions.
He also performs operations with laparoscopic technique:
- distal pancreasectomy with or without splenectomy,
- pancreatic enucleation
- intermediate pancreasectomy
He is responsible for patient coordination and also serves as a surgeon within the multidisciplinary neuroendocrine tumor group certified as an international center of excellence since 2019.
From the point of view of research activity, Prof. Partelli is a research expert in the field of pancreatic surgery and neuroendocrine neoplasms.
He is author and co-author of more than 180 publications in peer-reviewed journals and book chapters. His H index is 34. He constantly participates in national and international congresses in the field.