Interventional Cardiology departments of Gruppo San Donato take care of diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. In particular, they specialize in treatment of complex coronary diseases through the implantation of the latest generation drug-eluting stents and in the percutaneous or minimally invasive treatment of structural heart diseases.
Interventional Cardiology professionals work in collaboration with cardiac surgeons, echocardiographers and cardiothoracic anesthesiologyists to ensure the best care and outcome possible.
Led by foremost professors in the field – Francesco Bedogni and Matteo Montorfano – departments perform over 3,500 procedures per year, including treatment of acute myocardial infarction and of valve diseases.
Main conditions treated
Our excellence in numbers
coronary angioplasty per year
TAVI per year
mitraclips performed per year
PFOs per year
We reach the highest goals for you
Interventional Cardiology of Policlinico San Donato and of Ospedale San Raffaele are recognized as one of the best hospitals in the world in Cardiology. As well as a reference centers in Italy based on the number of cases carried out, use of innovative minimally invasive techniques and volume of scientific production.
Where do we treat it?
- Department of Interventional Cardiology @ Ospedale San Raffaele
- Department of Pediatric Cardiology @ Policlinico San Donato
- Department of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery @ Ospedale Galeazzi - Sant'Ambrogio
- Department of Interventional Cardiology @ Policlinico San Donato
- Department of Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery @ Policlinico San Donato
Explore other Cardiovascular Diseases specialties