Dr. Sara Scarponi is an orthopedist in the Operative Department of Reconstructive Surgery and Osteoarticular Infections (C.R.I.O) of the IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi.
In 2007, she graduated from the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Milano-Bicocca. In 2008, she qualified as a doctor at the same university and was enrolled in the Order of Surgeons and Dentists of Perugia. In May 2015, she also received a specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology at the UES School of Specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology 43S of the University of Milan. After studying, she began her professional career:
- From 2006 to 2007, she completed an internship as a volunteer student in the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology of the Ospedale Universitario San Gerardo in Monza;
- From 2007 to 2008: internship as a volunteer doctor in the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology and the Department of Rehabilitation of the Istituto Clinico Città Studi in Milan;
- In September 2009: internship as the attending physician of the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology of Policlinico San Donato in Milan and from 2010 to 2011 as a specialist doctor in the field of orthopedics and traumatology.
- From 2011 to 2012: Works as a resident physician at the Clinica Ortopedica dell'Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzo in Milan.
- From 2012 to 2013: works as a resident physician at the Center for Hand Surgery (MCM) Istituto Ortopedico G. Pini is based in Milan and until September 2014 collaborates as a trainee attending physician;
- From 2013 to 2015, she was a resident physician at the Department of Reconstructive Surgery and Bone and Joint Infections (CRIO) of Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi in Milan.
- Since July 2015, she has been a specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology in the Department of Joint Surgery at the Clinica Ortopedica (CASCO) Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi in Milan.
From 2015 to the present, she is a specialist in orthopedics and traumatology in the Department of Reconstructive Surgery and Bone and Joint Infections (CRIO) of the IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi in Milan.
Dr. Scarponi is an expert in:
- Treatment of orthopedic pathologies of large joints,
- Surgery of prosthetic implants,
- Treatment of complications in orthopedics and traumatology,
- Treatment of bone and joint infections and implantation of prostheses.