Dr. Riccardo D’Ambrosi is a specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology in the Department of Endoprosthesis and Orthopedic Surgery (C.A.S.C.O.) of the IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi.
In 2012 he graduated from the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, and in 2018 he received a specialization in orthopedics and traumatology.
His main interests include:
- arthroscopic surgery
- sports medicine
- regenerative medicine
- treatment and reconstruction of cartilage, in particular, in relation to the shoulder, knee, and ankle.
Author of more than 55 publications, participated in more than 70 national and international congresses, acting as a speaker or moderator.
In 2016, he was awarded for the best oral presentation at the National Congress of the Shoulder and Elbow (SICSeG), and in 2018 and 2019 he received the award for the best poster at the National Congress of Orthopedics and Traumatology (SIOT).
In 2018, he was selected to participate in the Elbow Surgery Fellowship in the most important national centers and in 2019 he was appointed a member of the Study Committee of the Italian Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and Elbow (SICSeG).
In 2019, he was selected as a representative of SIGASCOT (Italian Society of Arthroscopy, Knee, Upper Limb, Sports, Cartilage and Orthopaedic Technologies) to participate in the European Arthroscopy Fellowship 2019, dedicated to surgeons up to 40 years of age and dedicated to arthroscopic surgery and scientific research.
He is currently a member of the SICSeG Scientific Committee and is also a member of the SIAGASCOT Working Group dealing with one-piece prostheses.
During his clinical course, he also received AO base certification and Good Clinical Practice certification. He is also a reviewer for some leading international journals in orthopedics, traumatology, rheumatology and sports medicine.
Is a member of:
- Italian Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology (SIOT)
- European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
- Of the Italian Society of Arthroscopy, Knee, Upper Limb, Sports, Cartilage and Orthopaedic Technologies, in which he is a member of the Commission for One-Piece Knee Prostheses (SIGASCOT).
- International Cartilage Regeneration & Joint Preservation Society (ICRS)
- Italian Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (SICSeG).