Dr. Paolo Della Pina is a cardiologist of the Operative Unit of Cardiology at Istituto Clinico San Rocco.
In 2008, he graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Brescia. The same year he obtained the qualification to practice as a surgeon.
Since 2009, he is a member to the Guild of Surgeons and Dentists of Bergamo (registration number 6648).
In 2014, he obtains the specialization in Cardiovascular Diseases at the University of Brescia.
During his studies, from 2009 to 2014, he is a doctor in the area of Cardiovascular Diseases in the Operating Unit of Cardiology at the University of Brescia and "Spedali Civili" of Brescia.
Since 2014, he is Assistant Physician at the Operating Unit of Cardiology at Istituto Clinico San Rocco and Freelance Physician at Operating Unit of Hemodynamic Cardiology at Istituto Clinico Sant'Anna, Brescia.
The current clinical activity of Dr. Della Pina is mainly focused on echocardiographic diagnostics, both first and second level (stress echocardiography and transesophageal echocardiography), as well as structural hemodynamics (closure of PFO, DIA and sn auricle) and echocardiographic studies in diagnostic, intraoperative and intensive care cardiac surgery.
He participated in several clinical studies:
- sub-investigator in CANTOS trial (Canakinumab in patients with chronic ischemic heart disease);
- sub-investigator at MEDIA project (diastolic heart failure);
- sub-investigator in the spontaneous studies CARDIOTA-80 and ROSATO (evaluation of the use and dosage of Atorvastatin and Rosuvastatin in acute coronary syndromes);
- participation in the echocardiographic evaluation of the ADVANCE trial (transaortic implantation of Corevalve-type aortic bioprosthesis);
- participation in the echocardiographic evaluation for the experimental use of the Revivent Myocardial Anchoring System;
- participation in the echocardiographic evaluation for the experimental use of the CORolla™ TAA device (devices to improve diastolic function in patients with diastolic heart failure or aortic stenosis);
- participation in the echocardiographic evaluation in RESHAPE study (use of Mitraclip in patients with heart failure).