Professor Fabio Massimo Ulivieri is consultant Rheumatologist and Nephrologist at Casa di Cura La Madonnina.
In 1982, he graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Milan, where he later specialized in Nephrology (1985) and in Rheumatology (1989).
From 1993 to 2020, Professor Ulivieri was the Head of the Computerized Bone Mineralometry Service - Outpatient Clinic for Mineral and Bone Metabolism Diseases of the Fondazione IRCCS Ca' Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico of Milan. Currently, the Head of the Center for the Diagnosis and Therapy of Osteoporosis of the Casa di Cura La Madonnina where he works as a freelancer.
In addition to his professional career, Professor Ulivieri is also involved in teaching:
- From 2004 to 2020, he was Adjunct Professor of the University of Milan, School of Specialization in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- From 2011 to 2016, he was Adjunct Professor at the University of Brescia, Master in Osteoporosis.
- From 2012 to 2020, he is Adjunct Professor of the University of Milan, School of Specialization in Radiodiagnostics.
- Since 2019 he is Adjunct Professor of the Master in Osteoporosis at the University Vita - Salute San Raffaele.
Since his undergraduate days, Professor Ulivieri has been involved in:
- Diagnosis and drug therapy of primary and secondary osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease.
- Performance, analysis and reporting of X-ray bone densitometry (MOC).
Professor Ulivieri has been conducting clinical research on these topics for years, regarding which he has published 63 papers in extenso and in English with Impact Factor of 187 and H Index of 16 as of 2019.
The Professor is also a peer reviewer of international journals in the field of metabolic bone diseases and bone densitometry. He has organized and chaired numerous conferences, seminars and masters on the topics mentioned above and has participated, as an invited speaker, at meetings of the Scientific Societies of metabolic diseases of bone, and osteoporosis and bone densitometry.