Professor Davide Sozzi works as a maxillofacial surgeon at Casa di Cura La Madonnina.
In 1996, he graduated from the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Milan, and in 1999 became the medical director of the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery of the 1st level at the IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi di Milano in Milan.
In 2000, he received a specialization in microsurgery and experimental surgery at the University of Milan, and five years later - a specialization in maxillofacial surgery at the University of Milan-Bicocca, and in the same year he completed an internship at the University of Munich (Germany) in Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
In 2005, he became a researcher in the field of maxillofacial surgery at the University of Milan-Bicocca.
Two years later he worked in the Department of maxillofacial surgery of Ospedale San Gerardo (Monza).
In 2010, he became a founding member of AIOCC (Italian Academy of Head and Neck Oncology), and two years later - a member of the Faculty of AOCMF (AO Foundation - Cranio-Maxillofacial Department), and since 2013 he has become a consultant in maxillofacial surgery and dental surgery at the Croisette Cannes Center (France).
Since 2015 He is a member of La Société Française de Stomatologie, Chirurgie Maxillo-Faciale et Chirurgie Orale (SFSCMFCO).
In 2017, he became a professor of maxillofacial surgery of the second level at the University of Milan-Bicocca.
Since 2019 - Member of the Board of Directors of SICMF (Italian Society of Maxillofacial Surgery).
His clinical activities include the following areas:
- Oncological and reconstructive surgery of the face and oral cavity with high skills in the field of microsurgical reconstruction,
- Operations on large salivary glands,
- Correction of orbital and eyelid defects (entropion, ectropion, lagophthalmos, Bazedovsky exophthalmos, etc.) with special knowledge in the field of correction of congenital and acquired anophthalmos,
- Reconstructive microsurgery of the facial nerve and peripheral branches of the trigeminal nerve,
- Surgery of facial injuries,
- Correction of traumatic or reconstructive consequences of the face and mouth,
- Extensive experience in using 3D CAD-CAM technology,
- Surgical navigation in traumatological, reconstructive and oncological fields,
- Oral surgery with extensive experience in surgical treatment of retinated teeth, bone cysts, maxillary bone defects for implantological and pre-prosthetic purposes.
In 1995, he began experimental studies of peripheral nerve regeneration through microsurgical reconstructions and the behavior of vascularization of skin flaps after implantation of dilators.
Head of the following research projects:
- In 2010, a project on minimally invasive osteotomy using an ultrasound instrument in craniomaxillo-facial surgery;
- In 2011 Methods of registration in neuronavigation for post-traumatic reconstruction of the orbit;
- In 2013 Three-dimensional programming and the use of the navigator in the reconstruction of the mandible using a free fibular flap;
- In 2014, 3D CAD CAM models, virtual programming and individual plates in the reconstruction of maxillary bones;
- In 2015 Project on the use of individual cutting templates for resection and reconstruction of the mandible using a free fibular flap;
- In 2010 Investigation of pathological mechanisms of craniofacial growth in patients suffering from syndromes of the first and second gill arches.
Since 2003, he has also collaborated with the Institute of Anatomy of the University of Milan on research projects on facial morphometry in patients operated on for cleft lip and palate, kinematics of the mandible after fracture of the condyle of the mandible, morphometry of orbits reconstructed after injury, with pre-formed grids.
Author/co-author of numerous international publications and 4 textbooks concerning the most important areas of interest for maxillofacial surgery.
Speaker/supervisor of numerous national and international congresses.
Instructor of numerous courses of the International Foundation of JSC (AOCMF) on reconstruction of the orofacial area and traumatology.
University of Milan
Degree of Doctor of Medicine and Surgery - 1996
University of Milan
Specialization in microsurgery - 2000
University of Milan - Bicocca
Specialization in maxillofacial surgery - 2005