Dr. Antonio Croce is a trauma orthopedist at Casa di Cura la Madonnina.
In 1975, he graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Milan, and in 1978, he obtained specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology.
Having passed from the first level manager in 1980 and second level manager in 1990, since 1998, he is responsible for the service of Prosthetic Surgery and Hip and Knee Rehabilitation at the Gaetano Pini Hospital in Milan.
From 2010 to 2015, he was the head of the Arthritic and Reconstructive Surgery Department at Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi in Milan.
Since 1978, he is an orthopedic specialist at the Casa di Cura la Madonnina in Milan. During his career as a surgeon, he has dedicated himself to traumatology, shoulder and spine surgery and, in particular, to arthroprosthetic surgery of first implantation and revision of the hip and knee. He performed 7500 surgeries including 4500 hip and knee arthroplasty surgeries and revisions, and femoral neck fractures. He has also studied surgical solutions for multiple anatomical situations, including different types of prosthetic necks with the Bio-Ball system.
He has been Adjunct Professor at the Degree course in Medicine and Surgery and at the School of Specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University of Milan.
As a great specialist in surgery, Dr. Croce was recognized several times by the international medical community as an expert to take advantage of his knowledge. In particular he was invited as an expert to the following organizations:
- In 1985, he taught an internship in foot and ankle surgery at Metropolitan Hospital in Philadelphia, USA.
- In 1989, he attended an internship on Knee on Trauma Surgery, participating in the surgical sessions, at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden.
- In 1990, he was invited to Master Course of Orthopedic Surgery, with participation in operations, at the Orthopedic Clinic of the University of Vienna, organized by Professor Zweymuller, Australia.
- In 1993, he was invited to Master Course of Hip and Knee Prosthetic Surgery with direct participation in the operations, organized by Professor Hedley, at the Institute for Bone and Joint Surgery in Phoenix USA.
- In 1998, he was invited by the Cuban Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology to hold a theoretical and practical teaching course on hip replacement and revision in Havana, Cuba.
Since 2000, he has organized 56 master's degree courses in hip prosthetic surgery attended by 1325 orthopedic surgeons. He participated in over 300 national and international congresses with 145 reports.
He also participated, as Italian referent, in the international work on the use of mesenchymal stem cells associated to parcellated bank bone grafts in hip revisions.
Since 1976, he has published 181 papers in national and international journals.
University of Milan
Degree in Medicine and Surgery - 1975
University of Milan
Specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology - 1978