Pre-kidney transplant evaluation from a living donor
When is this exam indicated?
The evaluation of suitability for donation can be taken into consideration simultaneously with the evaluation of suitability for transplantation of the recipient.
How is it performed?
- Hematochemical tests, immunological examination (HLA typing)
- Instrumental examinations: ECG-Ecocardiogram-24 hours blood pressure monitoring
- Chest x-ray
- Ultrasound of upper and lower abdomen
- Sequential renal scintigraphy
- Mammography (women only)
- For women: gynecological examination, Pap test
- Psychiatric examination both donor and recipient
- Evaluation of the third party Commission and Magistrate
The tests performed may reveal clinical, psychological or legal contraindications to donation, depending on the characteristics of the donor/recipient couple.