Dr. Uberta Verga is an endocrinologist at Casa di Cura La Madonnina and Head of Ambulatorio di Endocrinologia per le Malattie Rare Ereditarie at the Endocrinology Department of the IRCCS Polyclinic Hospital in Milan.
In 1986, she graduated from the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Milan, where in 1992 she received a specialization in endocrinology and metabolic disorders. From 1987 to 1999 she worked as an internist at the Endocrinology Department of the Ospedale Niguarda Cà Granda in Milan, and from 2000 to the present day she has been an endocrinologist at the Istituto di Scienze Endocrine of the Polyclinic Hospital of the IRCCS Polyclinic Hospital in Milan.
Her clinical and scientific work focuses, in particular, on the diagnosis and therapy of thyroid neoplasms, especially in relation to medullary thyroid carcinoma and its prevalence in familial forms with hereditary transmission, MEN 2. At Casa di Cura La Madonnina, Dr. Verga is mainly devoted to:
- Thyroid diseases and phosphorus-calcium metabolism,
- Endocrine pathology during pregnancy.
During her work, Dr. Verga has cured more than:
- 100 patients with familial and non-familial medullary thyroid carcinoma,
- About 60 patients with familial and non-familial paraganglioma syndrome,
- About 200 patients with neurofibromatosis type 1,
- More than 100 patients with hyperparathyroidism, both sporadic and in various familial forms, including patients with MEN 1, as well as with thoracic carcinoids and PEG.
On the other hand, the observed cases of patients with VHL are less common. As part of her research, the doctor also participated with great interest in the formation of the Italian registry for the study of multiple endocrine neoplasms of the 1st type, headed by Professor M.L. Brandi.