Dr. Matteo Biafora is an otolaryngologist at the Department of the IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele under the supervision of Professor Mario Bussi.
After graduating with honors and honors in Medicine and Surgery from Vita-Salute San Raffaele University in 2011, he specialized in otolaryngology with honors in 2017 at the same university.
Dr. Biafora also teaches as Associate Professor at the Specialized School of Otolaryngology at the University of Vita-Salute San Raffaele.
Clinically, the doctor is engaged in the diagnosis and medical and surgical treatment of the following otolaryngological pathologies:
- acute and chronic inflammatory pathology of the upper respiratory tract (ear infections, tonsillitis, nasal polyposis, sinusitis)
- aesthetic and functional nasal surgery (septoplasty, nasal conch surgery, rhinoplasty)
- endoscopic nose surgery
- endoscopic surgery of the vocal cords
- pathology of the neck (cyst, pathology of the thyroid gland, pathology of the salivary glands)
- tumors of the head-neck (larynx, pharynx, oral cavity)
From a research point of view, the doctor focuses on the oncology of the cervical-facial region, paying special attention to virus-dependent oncological diseases (in particular, the relationship between HPV and carcinoma of the oropharyngeal region) and surgical pathology of the salivary glands.
He is the author and co-author of more than 10 publications in national and international scientific journals and book chapters. His Hirsch Index is 4. He constantly participates as a speaker at national and international congresses. He is a member of the Italian Society of Otorhinolaryngology.