Dr. Giuseppe Galati is responsible for the Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathies center at the San Raffaele Research Hospital, Milan.
After the graduation in Medicine and Surgery and the specialization in Cardiovascular Diseases both at the University Alma Mater Studiorum of Bologna (both with Laude), he took a II Level Master of Competence in Heart Failure at the University of Florence (co-organized by the Italian Association of Hospital Cardiologist), and a Certificate of Competence in Heart Failure released by the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology.
Moreover, he passed the 2 years of Postgraduate Course in Heart Failure London, achieving the Certificate in Heart Failure Management and became a Fellow of the Heart Failure Association of the ESC.
Dr. Galati matured relevant expertise in all the aspects of Heart Failure: from diagnosis to physiopathology, biomarkers, prognosis, evaluation of congestion, management models to innovation, research and new therapies.
His expertise encompasses the full spectrum of cardiomyopathies: Hypertrophic, Dilated, Arrhythmogenic, Restrictive and Unclassified Cardiomyopathies (i.e. Takotsubo and Left Ventricular Non-Compaction).
Furthermore, his competence covers histopathology and infiltrative diseases, i.e. cardiac amyloidosis and sarcoidosis.
New strategies for the management of advanced heart failure as well as expertise in the field of heart transplantation and new assist device are also topics of expertise.
Finally, he participated as co-Investigator in many RCTs (clinical trials) dedicated to the cardio-renal-metabolic area and he’s member of the most important international cardiovascular societies:
- Fellow of the Heart Failure Association of the ESC,
- Member of the Study Group on Cardiomyopathies 2020-2022 of Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC,
- Member of the Study Group on Myocarditis 2018-2020 of Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC,
- Heart Failure Specialists of Tomorrow (HoT) representative and coordinator for Italy,
- Italian Federation of Cardiology (IFC) Young Ambassador for Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC,
- HFA of ESC: Certification of Competence in Heart Failure. Heart Failure Certification Exam 2016,
- CERTIFICATE IN HEART FAILURE MANAGEMENT after Postgraduate Course In Heart Failure London. Organized by the Zurich Heart House and endorsed by the HF British Society & by the British Cardiovascular Society (2019-21),
- SECOND LEVEL MEDICAL MASTER ON COMPETENCE IN HEART FAILURE 2017 - Organized by the University of Florence and by the Italian Association of Hospital Cardiologists (ANMCO), Italy,
- EACVI of ESC: Level 1 certification in CMR.