Federica Pedica is a member of the Pathology Unit at the Department of Experimental Oncology of the IRCCS San Raffaele Research Hospital, Milano since June 2013. She got the Medical Doctor degree at the University of Bologna in 2007 and the residency degree in Human Pathology at University of Verona. She was a Honorary Clinical Fellow at King’s College, Institute of Liver studies, Liver Labs, in London, in 2015. Finally she got the PhD in Human oncological pathology and stem cell in 2016 at the University of Verona.
Since 2019, referral pathologist for the Hepatobiliary Unit San Raffaele Hospital and referring pathologist for Cancer of Unknown Primitive in San Raffaele Hospital since October 2018.
She routinely performs routine histopathological evaluation, intraoperative diagnosis, autopsy.
She’s a Lecturer in Anatomical Pathology and Basic Pathology & Immunology for International MD program and Corso di Laurea in Medicina e Chirurgia at Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, supervisor of medical interns on research projects and practical rotations. She is an Academic Tutor for the Residents in Pathology and for PhD students at San Raffaele Scientific Institute.
- Società Italiana di Anatomia Patologica e Citologia Diagnostica (SIAPEC) since 2011
- European Society of Pathology (ESP) since 2014
- Editorial Secretariat of Pathologica (Pacini Editore) since 2015
- European Association for the Study of Liver (EASL) since 2016
- Associazione Italiana Studio Fegato (AISF) since 2016
- International Liver Cancer Association since (ILCA) 2016
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) since 2021