Professor Enzo Masci is a gastroenterologist at Casa di Cura La Madonnina, as well as at Punto RAF Respighi and Punto RAF Santa Croce.
In 1978, he graduated from the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Milan, where in 1982 he also received a specialization in diseases of the digestive system.
He gained experience studying abroad in:
- The Ospedale Vall d'Hebron Endoscopy Service in Barcelona under the supervision of Dr. J.R. Armengol Miro,
- The Endoscopy Service of the Academisch Medisch Centrum of the University of Amsterdam under the supervision of Dr. K. Huibregtse,
- at the NTT Medical Center Endoscopy Center in Tokyo under the guidance of Dr. Ken Ohata, in order to study methods of submucosal dissection of the digestive tract.
Professor Enzo Masci is the Director of the integrated Structure of Diagnostic Endoscopy and Endoscopic Surgery at the National Cancer Institute in Milan. Since the 2011-2012 academic year, he has been an associate professor at the School of Specialization of Surgery of the Digestive System of the University of Milan, and since 2014 - the School of Oncology.
Is a specialist in the field of:
- Endoscopy of the digestive organs;
- Biliopancreatic endoscopy;
- Pediatric gastroenterology.
The main areas of his clinical activity concern diagnostic and operative endoscopy of the biliary tract and pancreas. He performs polypectomies and mucosectomies, paying special attention to the treatment of flat polypoid formations or even initial malignant neoplasms by methods (complete resection) that provide radical treatment and avoid surgical intervention.
He dealt with precancerous diseases of the digestive system, especially chronic atrophic gastritis, the connection with Helicobacter pylori and stomach cancer, Barrett's esophagus and its radiofrequency ablation in cases of dysplasia.
He is the author of more than 150 papers in international and national journals and more than 250 presentations at national and foreign conferences.