Dr. Antonio Brando is an orthopedic surgeon in the Department of Hand Surgery at the IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi.
After graduating from the University of Catanzaro "Magna Graecia" in 2004 with a degree in Medicine and Surgery, in 2010 he specialized in orthopedics and traumatology at the same university.
In 2021, he received a Level II Master's Degree in Management of Health and Social Care Organizations from the Bocconi School of Management.
Since his specialization period, he has had a deep passion for hand and upper limb surgery. Since then, Dr. Brando has devoted himself to the study of the upper limb, focusing on the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow.
In 2016, he received his Diploma in Microsurgical Techniques from the Italian Society for Surgery of the Hand at the Ospedale Cardarelli in Naples.
Among his work experience:
- From 2014 to 2017, he was Orthopedic Medical Director at ASL Verbano Cusio Ossola, his surgical activity focused on the diagnosis and treatment of pathologies of the upper limb and hand;
- From 2017 to 2018, he was the Medical Director of S.O.C.Hand Surgery "Renzo Mantero" Ospedale di Savona;
- From 2018 to 2020, he is an orthopedic consultant for hand surgery at ASL Verbano Cusio Ossola;
- From 2018 to the present day, he is an orthopedic consultant for hand surgery at the Quadrante di Omegna Orthopedic Center and at the Vesalius Clinic in Domodossola;
- From 2020 to today, he is the Director of Health at the Vesalius Clinic in Domodossola and an external clinical specialist at MTIC – Intercert for the purposes of CE certification of medical devices in the field of orthopedics;
- Since 2021, he has been working as an orthopedic surgeon in the Department of Hand Surgery at the IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi.
He is a member of the Italian Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology, a member of the Italian Society of Microsurgery, a member of the Italian Society of Surgery of the Hand and a member of the Medico-Legal Commission of the same society. He is a regular member and participant of the Steering Committee of the Italian Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.