Dr. Alessandro Farnetti is a surgeon specializing in foot and ankle surgery at the Casa di Cura la Madonnina Clinic.
He graduated from the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the State University of Milan in 1980, where he specialized in Orthopedics and Traumatology in 1985.
He began his career in 1980 at the Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi Clinical Research Institute in Milan as an orthopedist and traumatologist, working in the hospital, in the emergency department and closely involved in surgery in all areas of orthopedics.
Since 1990, under the guidance of Professor Malerba, he has dedicated himself to foot and ankle surgery, having been exclusively engaged in this area for 25 years and having in his asset about 10,000 surgical interventions.
Since 2009, he has held the position of the Head of the Department of Foot and Ankle Surgery at the Istituto Clinico Città Studi in Milan.
The clinical and surgical activity of the doctor is aimed at all diseases of the foot and ankle joint, with special attention paid to the biomechanical and functional aspects:
- congenital and acquired foot deformities (flat feet, hollow foot, pronator syndrome in children);
- fractures of the foot and ankle;
- arthrosis of the tarsus, metatarsus and ankle joints;
- valgus deformity of the big toe, immobility of the big toe, deformity of the toes, Morton’s neuroma, repeated interventions after surgery;
- prosthetics of the ankle joint;
- treatment of injuries and ruptures of tendons;
- instability of the ankle joint;
- neurological diseases of the foot.