Chorioretinal dystrophies are a heterogeneous group of hereditary pathologies, the diagnosis and treatment of which require the comprehensive cooperation of different specialists. A diagnostic process based on the latest techniques is followed by a therapeutic and possibly rehabilitative process.
The most common pathologies in this area are Stargardt-Fundus-Flavimaculatus disease, retinitis pigmentosa, Best vitelliform dystrophy, cone dystrophy and patterned dystrophy.
Main diagnostic tests and treatments:
- autofluorescence in blue light and near-infrared;
- retinal angiography with fluorescein and indocyanine green;
- electrofunctional studies (EOG, ERG, PEV, multifocal ERG);
- optical coherent light tomography;
- computerized field of view;
- genetic research.