Since 2003, Dr. Leone Minoia has been an orthopedic surgeon in the I Department of Operative Spine Surgery of the IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi.
In 1995, he graduated from the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Bari, where in 2002 he received a specialization with honors in orthopedics and traumatology.
Participated in 12 national and international advanced training courses in spine surgery, hip surgery, knee surgery, foot surgery, hand surgery and bone and joint infections.
He is the author of 20 scientific papers published in national and international journals. Participated in more than 60 national and international congresses, where in 50 he acted as a speaker.
He has performed more than 1000 operations as the first surgeon and specializes in:
- correction of scoliosis and kyphosis with corsets,
- surgery of scoliosis and hyperkyphosis (instrumental correction and arthrodesis),
- spondylolisthesis surgery (reduction and instrumental arthrodesis and isthmic reconstruction),
- surgery of vertebral fractures (stabilization, vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty), surgery of spinal infections, surgery of herniated discs (microsurgery),
- surgery of vertebral stenosis and surgery of degenerative pathologies of the spine (arthrodesis, functional surgery, prosthetics of the disc).
Docto Minoia is a full member of the Italian Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology and the Italian Society of Spine Surgery - GIS.