Dr. Giovannalberto Pini is a urologist in the Department of Urology at the IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele Turro, headed by Dr. Franco Gaboardi, since 2015.
In 2005, after graduating from the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Parma, in 2010 he specialized in Urology at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia after an internship in Minimally Invasive Techniques and Experimental Surgery (NOTES) at the University of Porto (Portugal). From 2011 to 2015, he worked as a specialist urologist in Germany and Sweden, collaborating with the pioneers of world laparoscopy and robotic surgery, and received 2 more European scholarships: first at the Karolinska Institute, Stockholm (Sweden), and then at SLK Klinik, Heidelberg University (Germany).
From a clinical point of view, Dr. Pini deals with, in particular:
- oncological urology: laparoscopic and robotic treatment of prostate and kidney cancer, functional urology/benign pathology: Botox® treatment, detrusor hyperactivity, robot-assisted pyeloplasty, benign prostatic hyperplasia,
- andrology: diagnosis and treatment of erectile dysfunction, minimally invasive collagenase treatment and penile curvature surgery, corporoplasty,
- urogynecology: treatment of urinary incontinence and laparoscopic treatment of pelvic prolapse in women (colposacropexy).
In addition to working in the ward and operating room, since 2020, Dr. Pini has been qualified as a second-level professor.
Dr. Pini plays an active role in 5 international societies:
- AGILE group (Italian Group for Advanced Laparoscopic and Roboticurologic Surgery),
- YAU-Robotic Group (Young Accademic Urologist),
- J ERUS group (Junior- EAU Robotic Urology Section),
- ESU (European School of Urology),
- ESUT – Scientific working Group of European Section of Urotechnology.
He is the author and co-author of more than 100 publications in national and international scientific journals and book chapters. Her Hirsch index is 15. Since 2009, he has received 16 scientific awards. Constantly participates as a speaker at national and international scientific congresses in this field.