Dr. Gianantonio Manzoni is a pediatric urologist at Casa di Cura La Madonnina in Milan and Head of the Structural Unit of Pediatric Urology at the Clinical Research Institute Ca' Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico in Milan.
In 1978, he graduated with honors from the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Milan, and in 1983, again with the highest marks, he received a diploma in Pediatric surgery.
To this is added in 1991 the specialization in urology obtained at the University of Pavia.
Between 1982 and 1985, Dr. Manzoni worked with Professor Philip Ransley Ransley in the Department of Pediatric Urology at Hospital For Sick Children in London. Since 1992 he has been working in the Department of Pediatric Urology at the Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi in Varese, where from 2002 to 2009 he held the position of Head of the Department of Pediatric Urology.
Since 2009, he has been the head of the Comprehensive Department of Pediatric Urology at Policlinico di Milano, where he also carries out consulting activities within the Foundation for patients hospitalized in Neonatology and Neonatal Intensive Care, Pediatric Intensive Care, Pediatric Nephrology and Prenatal diagnostics departments.
He works freelance at Casa di Cura la Madonnina as a specialist in pediatric urology.
Dr. Manzoni is engaged in:
- Infantile obstructive uropathy (stenosis of the pelvic ureteral and urinary segments, valves of the posterior urethra),
- Vesicoureteral reflux,
- Congenital pathologies of the genitals (hypospadias - epispadias) and an extrotrophic complex,
- Phimosis, varicocele, undescended testicles, hydrocele, penile curvature (pediatric andrology),
- Nephroblastomas, rhabdomyosarcomas and testicular tumors (pediatric urological oncology),
- Diagnosis, surgical treatment and follow-up for violations of sexual differentiation (NPP),
- Neurological bladder,
- Urological problems associated with anorectal malformations,
- Urination disorders and enuresis,
He is also the author of the book "Pediatric Urology" in collaboration with Professor Mario Lima and more than 90 national and international scientific publications, as well as about 200 presentations at national and international courses and conferences.
Dr. Manzoni is currently the President of the Italian Society of Pediatric Urology (SIUP), also a member of leading scientific societies and associations in the field of urology:
- European Society for Pediatric Urology (ESPU), Past-President – Past-Secretary - Member,
- European Academy of Pediatric Urology, Fellow (FEAPU),
- Royal College of Surgeons of England, Fellow (FRCS),
- American Urological Association, Corresponding Member (AUA),
- European Association of Urology, Member (EAU),
- Italian Society of Urology, Member (SIU).
The structural unit of Pediatric urology Policlinico di Milano, headed by Dr. Manzoni, is recognized by the European Board of Pediatric Urology (EBPU) as part of the European training program for obtaining a grant in the field of pediatric urology.