Dr. Giovanni Calì is a consultant cardiologist at Casa di Cura La Madonnina.
In 1986 he graduated with honors from the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Milan, in 1991 he again specialized in cardiology at the same university.
He started his career in 1986, at the Centro De Gasperis, first as a scholarship student, and then, from 1991 to 1993, as an assistant cardiologist.
During his specialization, he also spends long periods abroad, in:
- UCSD Medical Center in San Diego,
- Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles,
- L'Hôpital cardio-vasculaire in Lyon,
- L'Hôpital Tenon in Paris.
During this period, Dr. Calì had the opportunity to expand his clinical experience, including in studies of the heart and blood vessels with an echo-color Doppler.
From 1993 to 2005, he held the position of Medical Director of the 1st level in the Department of Cardiology of the IRCCS Ca 'Granda Foundation Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico in Milan, where he continued to engage in diagnostic imaging (cardiac and vascular echo-color Dopplerography; nuclear cardiology) and clinical cardiology (Cardiac Intensive Care Unit and emergency department).
With thirty years of experience in clinical cardiology and diagnostics, Dr. Calì is also a co-author of 80 publications in scientific journals.
The areas that he is most interested in:
- coronary heart disease,
- heart failure,
- diseases of the valves (valvulopathy),
- hypercholesterolemia (dyslipidemia),
- venous thrombosis,
- cerebrovascular diseases (TIA, stroke),
- peripheral arteriopathies (TSA, arteriopathies of the lower extremities).