Specialization in Otorhinolaryngology and Cervicofacial pathology, University of Turin
Full professor of Otorhinolaryngology.
Member of the French Society of Otorhinolaryngology, member of the AIOCC (Italian Association of Cervicocephalic Oncology), member of the AICEF-RCF (Italian Association of aesthetic and reconstructive cervicofacial surgery), member of the IAR (Italian Academy of Rhinology), and member of the SIO (Italian Society of Otorhinolaryngology).
Currently chairman of the AUORL (University Association of Otorhinolaryngology).
He is the author of over 300 scientific publications including: Abstracts of Speeches at Italian and Overseas Conferences; 128 articles in indexed scientific magazines; 141 chapters of books and 61 official reports; H-index: 15.
The Otorhinolaryngology Unit is one of the centres of excellence on the international scene for the treatment of cancer in the cervicofacial region.
- Endoscopic operations (also with the aid of a neuronavigation system) for tumours in the sinonasal region
- Rhinectomy operation
- Maxillectomy with endoscopic and open approach
- Craniofacial resections
- Mastoidectomy and petrosectomy operatio
- Parotidectomy operation with nerve monitoring
- Operation for lesions of the parapharyngeal space with video-assisted cervicotomic approach
- CO2 laser cordectomy in direct microlaryngoscopy
- Partial reconstructive laryngectomy operation
- Total laryngectomy, demolitive broadened laryngectomy
- Surgical treatment of cervical esophageal and hypopharyngeal cancer (also using the endoscopic CO2 laser approach)
- Demolitive surgery for lesions of the oral cavity and the oropharynx using the minimally-invasive laser transoral, transmandibular or pharyngotomic approach
- Reconstructive operations using revascularized pedicled flaps and free flaps
- Surgery for thyroid and parathyroid cancer with nerve monitoring
- Surgery of the lymph node chains and metastatic adenopathy.
- HPV and oropharyngeal cancer
- Intraoperative monitoring of the spinal nerve
- New endoscopic approaches to the parapharyngeal space
- Voice restoration study in patients subjected to a total laryngectomy
- Use and application of the supraclavicular pedicled flap in reconstructive surgery of the head and neck
- Treatment of salivary gland tumours
- Surgical treatment of laryngeal cancer.